Friday 16 February 2018

Ebony Sea - Bob Ross in Acrylic 2-3 - #30in30 - 17

Studio Light
Scan


I’m not a big fan of black grounds, so I groaned when Bob decided to do one. Nevertheless, I duly painted my Art Board black and waited a couple of days so it was good and dry. Bobs method called for coating the dry black base with transparent colors and then going back and “hypnotizing” with Titanium White. I quickly found this didn’t work with acrylics because you can’t keep them wet enough for this lengthy process.

I got frustrated and then started adding my own slant. I added much brighter colors, texture and sparkling stars and turned it into a truly unique painting. I just couldnt find a way to photograph it accurately, so you’ll have to take my word for it.

As I look at the images I’m thinking I may paint more detail and light on the moon.

If you paint in oil, I encourage you to watch the video below and give it a try. The technique looks very interesting.

Bob Ross Series 2 Episode 3 - Ebony Sea

See all the paintings of the 30 Day Challenge
Mine is at #9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.