Wednesday 14 May 2014

FAMOUS ARTISTS BIRTHDAY - ROBERT GENN - LUMINOUS SUNSET

LUMINOUS SUNSET by Sea Dean
LUMINOUS SUNSET
PROFESSIONAL ACRYLIC ORIGINAL
BY SEA DEAN
6" x 8" on Windpower

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger paintings in the same series available by contacting me.

Although I generally celebrate Famous Masters that have passed away, I am honouring Robert Genn's  birthday today because he is such an inspiration to Canadian artists. When I researched this blog, I found his Sunset on Cortez, which, reminds of my own LUMINOUS SUNSET above.

ROBERT GENN
Robert Genn was born in Victoria on May 15th 1936. He currently has terminal cancer and is resting at his home in British Columbia. Having lost several family members to Cancer, including my father, my heart goes out to Robert and his family at this difficult time.

When he can, Robert still takes time to write a blog, as in the precis of Abraham Maslow's work below.

1. Systematically study, understand and neutralize the effects of lower needs.
2. Accept the world in all of its complexity, mystery and ambiguity.
3. Take cues from the winners in this world, not the losers.
4. Keep the company of the doers, not the talkers.
5. Play your personal game on as many levels as you're able.
6. Fall in love with your processes, innovations, dreams and higher ideals.
7. Be sensitive to and welcome the arrival of peak experiences.
8. Have no guilt when you see yourself becoming compulsive and proactive.
9. Allow yourself to be swept up in your personal "must."

"Where was the human potential lost? How was it crippled? A good question might be not why do people create, but why do people not create?" (Abraham Maslow, 1908-1970)

"In my experience, artists with highly developed self-critical faculties are often referred to as "talented." Robert Genn


Cat # 13162 Luminous Sunset 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.