Sunday 17 February 2013

SEA PUPPY and DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE SUBMISSIONS

SEA PUPPY
ORIGINAL ACEO OOAK 3.5" x 2.5"

To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks.

This painting is SOLD but I'm happy to take a commission for a similar work. Contact me to inquire about prints and Art cards.


I promised to show flowers, hearts and ocean scenes in my DPW Gallery this month and until now I've been focused on the first two genre for Valentines. However, If you take a look at my Gallery on DPW there are many ocean scenes on show from ACEO 2.5" x 3.5" miniatures, to full scale 24" x 36" Deep Gallery Wrap Canvases, and all at very reasonable prices. I will also be adding a few more in the next couple of weeks, starting with this one.

I took this photograph on a wild day when the sea foam was being whipped high into the air: I've heard this called Sea Horses or Mares Tales and I've always loved the effect. When I chose to paint this today and studied it closely, I realized that in this instance it definitely had the look of a lively little puppy running across the rocks. Do you see his little curly tail and fluffy coat? Hence the title "Sea Puppy". I think he's just precious and it can be our little secret.

"Sea Puppy" is another painting that I think would look fabulous in any size. I can picture it 5 feet by 7 feet in a large room or office and what a wonderful way to bring a sense of energy to your environment. I would love to paint it for you.

DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE SUBMISSIONS

I'm quietly practicing my portrait skills and trying all the techniques I have shared on previous blogs.  I will be unveiling my portrait and preparatory sketches in March. How are you doing? I would love to hear how it's going for you and if you have any questions. 

Being an experienced curator, I know it's traditional for a big rush right before deadline, but I would like a rough count. Please email me if you are working on a portrait for the Duchess challenge. My goal is 100 portraits. I'm hoping the Duchess will select some for her own collection and the rest will be auctioned to support her favourite charity. So I need to get a count to start putting things in place for the submission. Please email me via any of my internet sites to give me a heads up. Thank you.

I'm excited!

Cat # 13046 Sea Puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.