Monday 28 January 2013

MELLOW YELLOW

Day 28 - 30 in 30


MELLOW YELLOW 
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 2.5" x 3.5"
Ask about larger Originals in the same series or Prints of this ACEO. To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks. 

This painting is SOLD but I'm happy to take a commission for a similar work. Contact me to inquire about prints and Art cards.

This daisy is just hanging out with friends, passing the time of day. A laid back, mellow, flower enjoying some down time. However, the delicate golden stem and leaves show this is no ordinary daisy. 

The impressionist, pastel-like background reminds us of warm summer days bathed in sunlight. I like the effect of pastels but don't like the dust and delicate nature of the finished work. This multi-layered Acrylic technique is laborious, but I like the final effect.

Acrylics are a challenging medium. Artists are attracted to the easy clean up, lower toxicity and speed of drying, but they often return to pastel, watercolour, or oil because it is challenging to learn a new medium. Many painters experienced in a different medium take my "Paint a Masterpiece" class, because they want to learn all abut Acrylics from the ground up. Most discover their difficulties with Acrylic come from trying to transfer their technique to the new medium rather than starting with a clean slate.  

I've recently been exposed to huge amounts of old and valuable artwork, oil, pastel, gauche, charcoal etc. and I've been saddened by the condition of these priceless works. I have gained a clearer understanding of the challenges of preservation and I'm even more convinced that the extremely durable, light-fast, professional Acrylics I use are the best choice: Certainly they are expensive, but there is no substitute for quality.

(I had a few challenges loading and sending my blog today so I apologize to my regular followers)

I'm interested in your opinions and welcome comments below. Anonymous always works but please add your name.

LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13027 - posted as # 9 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.